Monday, May 16, 2005

Silence

I haven't posted much in a while, largely because I haven't had much to say. It's not that nothing has happened lately. I actually just resigned from my place of work, interviewed for and was accepted into a new position through the CCO, and I'm making preparations to move soon. My ex-girlfriend was married on Friday, and I went to the wedding. My buddy Babs, who played baseball for seven years, and I found a bat in his kitchen. With his wife stomping on the floor upstais I cornered the bat and nearly caught it in my shirt, but it flew past me toward Babs who took care of the problem with seven years of reflexes and a swiffer stick. I tore up part of his front lawn with him and resodded near the back fence. I won a poker tournament. I read a handful of books. I decorated the church sanctuary with a girl that I like who doesn't like me back. I spent the night visiting a friend who came in from out of town. I ran 6.7 miles yesterday, and I'm meeting a friend for coffee tonight.

Each day on my way to work in the morning I think, "What should I write about in my blog." Sometimes I hear an interesting story that peaks my interest and I think about commenting on it, but nothing has gripped me enough to actually discuss it. I remain determined to post only what I believe are interesting thoughts as I think that would make for much more interesting reading than a laundry list of things I've done. So I guess this is my really long winded way of saying I have nothing to say. In order to make sure that everyone knows that I'm still around, alive, and thinking, I'm just checking in here to say that when I come across something to say, I'll say it.

Till then...

No comments: