Monday, February 21, 2005

Virgin Post

Well, Andrew, here you go. You asked for it, here it is.

I must admit, the whole Blog thing has been on my mind for a little while, I have thought several times about actually going through and doing one of these things, but I figured there was no way people would actually care about anything I had to write. But because Andrew told me after church on Sunday that he often thought that he would like to read my blog I figured that meant I had an audience, at least an audience of one.

I think part of the reason I haven't started blogging sooner is because I am afraid of what it says about me. I am somewhat scared that people will read this blog and think, "Who does Elek think he is? What makes him think that people want to read his random ramblings? He must really be puffed up a bit to think that his mundane life is interesting enough for others to read." Of course, a good way around pretending that my life is any more interesting than anyone else's life is by posting my thoughts about different things instead. But then I run up against a very similar wall. "Who does Elek think he is to suppose that he has come up with an original thought."

So I guess the first entry is going to be the necessary self-handicapping statement that renders all of these critical objections null and void. I know that the chances of people wanting to read about my life are very slim. I know that I probably will not come up with any new thoughts or positions on things. So, that is not my goal in this blog. My goal in this blog is to give Andrew Rudd the blog posting he asked me for on Sunday. My goal here is to get things off my chest. To take the little essays I have written about life, and put them in an environment where other people can read them, instead of holding them caged up on my hard drive.

So there's that. I am doing a blog. And I know that it will be much more of much the same. For that I do not apologize. To those of you who will offer the aforementioned critiques, I merely say, "If you don't like it, why are you reading my blog? Dummy."

Okay. Next time, I'll try my hand at an original thought.

No comments: