Friday, September 29, 2006

Update on things

I'm home alone. It's Friday morning and Rachel left yesterday at 3:00. So I haven't bathed yet, and I'm pretty sure there is an open bag of Doritos in the other room.

Rach has class Thursday night and Friday morning in Pittsburgh, so she goes to class, spends the night at our friend Allie's house, and then usually comes home sometime on Friday. Today, she is going to baby-sit our neice Cora and then she's going to dinner with some high school friends before she comes home, so I'm a bachelor until 10:00 or so tonight.

I realized last night that being a bachelor again means I do pretty much the same thing I do with Rachel around. I read through some of my Greek book, (did I tell you I'm studying Biblical Greek this year?) I hung out with some friends watching The Office, ate some Doritos, helped a kid stitch up his hand after he broke a window with it, talked to another kid about his sister who recently started doing heroine, and fell asleep with my Greek book around 11:00. Not all that exciting really.

I did go through my photos last night when I got sick of parsing nouns, and saw that there were a handful of pictures that I didn't post on here. So, with no further ado, here's a few shots of the weekend when Mom and Dad Elek came to visit: We went to Oglebay park and took a walk through the Arboretum. Later that weekend Rachel and I went to my friend Damian's house and played apples to apples and dove off stools in the kitchen. (You think I'm kidding.)

Mom, Dad, Rachel, Molly, Gizmo and I all went for a walk. Molly scanned the pond for gators because she was sure she would be able to rip one right out of the water, drag it up the hill and tear it limb from limb. You get 'em Molly!


Mom and Dad sat on a bench and, big surprise, dad was being a little goofy. (Gizmo looked at Rachel and I as if to say "Get me out of here!" And Molly watched for gators.)


Then as we walked through the park, I was suddenly attacked by some strangler vines and was nearly choked to death. Were it not for my brute tensil strength, I surely would have died. Where the heck was Molly?


Then Rachel and I sat down at this pond that marks the equator for the whole Universe and Dad took a picture. Eat your heart out Copernicus... we're the center of the whole friggin Universe.



Then we saw Bambi chillin' out. Drinkin' a beer.


Then Bambi's and two of his buddies got up and staggered away trying to walk real graceful like so no one would know how hammered they were.


Then one of them got totally freaked by that tree in front of him and the other two tried to drink the grass.


Then I stalked a cat.


Rachel wanted to know what she would look like if her forehead was as high as mine.


And I took a swan dive off of a stool in my friend Damian's kitchen.



And I realized that my phone holster makes me look like a geek.

3 comments:

Joshua said...

I actually carry the phone in a holster because Rachel demanded that I do so. When I went to get my new Motorola Q, Rachel said that I can't have it unless I wear it on a holster because I always drop and break my phones. So, I guess there's a new category... people who wear holsters because they have tourettes of the hands.

Jim Elek said...

I carry my phone in a holster. I put the holster inside my pocket though, so noone can see it (sort of). I do this so I don't scratch my phone. This is because I am anal and like my phone to look new. I also use my holster to clip onto things in my car so I have my phone handy while I drive. I hate having things in my pockets and like to drive with my pockets empty. Did anyone notice that Josh has been married for two months now and is already getting a gut? This is your right. Have fun with it. Just remember, the damage you do now you will attempt to reverse at 30 or so, as I am now doing. Good luck and good night.

Joshua said...

Yeah 2 months!

Oh, and Rachel and I have been getting up to work out every morning. I think what happened was I did all that damage to myself the six months before I got married (by sitting on the couch and eating Doritos until I fell asleep.) Now that I can't eat in bed, I'm actually starting to come down a bit... though slowly.