Monday, December 28, 2009

Browns Game

Yesterday, I went to the Browns/Raiders game in Cleveland with my brother Jim. I haven't been to a game since I went with my friend Robert in fourth grade or so. I just want to say, Cleveland fans are AWESOME! Every time our defense is out there on third down, the whole stadium is barking. It's so cool to be a part of it. I loved sitting next to the dad and his son who were cuddled under a blanket drinking mountain dew, though the guy above them shouting obscenities to some Oakland fans was a bit much at one point. There were two Oakland fans sitting behind us, and I'm not sure they knew what football is. They seemed confused about the rules, and how exactly you got a first down. But that didn't keep them from talking as if they knew what they were saying. "Give him a cortisone shot he'll be fine!" she said. "Did you see him push the other guy like that? Where's the flag ref?!" He said about the Cleveland line protecting Derek Anderson. All in all, it was an awesome game, the snow started coming down in the fourth and I wasn't even cold. (Thanks to the toe warmers that Jim gave me.) And, I found out that if you get a funnel, and fill it with mustard, it fits perfectly into your soft pretzel, turning the food you're eating into the condiment holder for that food! Yeah, I'm brilliant. Oh, and we won. Because Charlie Fry sucks, and Jerome Harrison is an absolute work horse.

I know people only come here for the pictures, so here are some photos I took at the game. (Jim has really nice seats.)


Here's a shot with Eric Wright in it. He's my second favorite Brownie.
(Cribbs is my favorite of course.)


Here's Wright apparently not getting fouled as he fails to make an interception in the endzone. After the play, they said that his left foot was out of bounds. Gee... I wonder why.


In case you missed why Oakland's Routts (no. 26) was ejected from the game... here it is.
Why does this get you ejected from the game, but the previous photo isn't even a penalty? Hint: The guy in the brown shirt is a QB.


Here's Harrison's TD. If you could see a game clock, it would tell you that there were 14:15 left in the first quarter. It was crazy how quickly we got on top, and then never lost the lead.


Here's Eric Wright practicing his air pogo while David Bowens shows off his interception.


And finally, a shot of Jerome Harrison Mohamed Massaquoi catching a TD. (OK Jim, he's alright.)

Ok, so I didn't take those pictures. I got them from ESPN. But, it was fun pretending.

Thanks Jim for a great Christmas present. I really had a blast at the game!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel told me all about the sneaky plan to get you there. Glad you had a good time!


-babs

dnrouse said...

I was there too! That was my gift to Ryan! I'm glad they won because he was a happy man.

Glad things are going well for you.

~Deidrinelle

Lindsey Stepp said...

I totally looked at those pictures in awe, believing every second that you took those...fibber.

(this is Lindsey Stepp, Erin Bissell's friend, since I'm sure you don't recognize Lindsey Millard)