Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cavs

I admit, I've never been a big follower of the NBA. After watching tonight's game, I've decided I won't watch the sport any more. I boycott baseball because the league is doing nothing to combat the drug problem or the money problem, and the game is not fair as a result. The NBA is doing nothing to govern it's staff. And that's a big problem.

Granted, the Cavs deserved to lose tonight. They did not play their hearts out like they needed to. They didn't even foul when they were down by nine with a minute left. You have to try. It's not the season at risk, it's the franchise. Do something.

But that's not the reason I'm boycotting the NBA. I'm boycotting because of the officiating. It was painfully biased tonight in favor of the Celtics, and there is nothing that will be done about it. The players have complained all season long and the only result is fines for complaining. What do you do when you KNOW the refs are betting on the games? In the NBA? Nothing. No review boards, nothing. It's a sham. Nothing will be done to fix it. Even if James stays in Cleveland next year, and he won't, there is no way I'm watching another NBA game unless they iron out the problems with their awful officiating.

Again, I'm not blaming the officials for the Cavs losing. The Celtics beat us. Rondo is an amazing player, and Boston deserved the win. Only one player is playing at any one time on the Cavs. (Andiy is always playing, but otherwise, everyone sits back and dumps it to the guy who's hot.) Shaq did nothing in the playoffs, and Jamison was probably the worst player on our team. James didn't even look like he was putting in a full effort. We deserved to lose, and I hope the players on the Cavs feel it. They played poorly.

I'm sorry we lost. It's one more let-down for a Cleveland fan. I'm certain James will be on the Knicks next year, and I wish him well. I hope the Cavs do well without him, but I won't be watching.

Go Browns.

2 comments:

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul deybatut de tine.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut, cu siguranta am sa mai revin o zi buna!

Joshua said...

Sorry, I don't speak Romanian, but I think you said that this was an interesting post? Didn't really catch the second part, but if I'm right in my guess about what the first part means, then thanks!