Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pat Downs


I'm sickened by the US Government right now. We are finally to the point where we force every single person who gets onto a plane to comply with a digital strip search prior to boarding.  Seriously.  If I decline the digital strip search, then some guy with two weeks training and a GED gets to pat my junk to make sure I didn't stuff my underwear with C4.  But he isn't checking to see if I shoved a stick of dynamite in any of my body cavities, so... guess what's coming next Thanksgiving.  If you don't comply with the digital strip search, some guy with two weeks training and a GED is going to brown finger you in front of grandma.  It's all for our safety folks.  And if you disagree, then you're either a criminal or a terrorist.  After all, privacy is only valuable if you have something to hide, right? 


See, the thing is, I get it.  We're at war and we need to protect ourselves.  But I'm not ok with protecting ourselves by patting down a half-naked boy in the middle of a crowded airport.  I'm appalled.  I'm outraged.  I'm sickened.  And there's nothing I can do.  There's nothing anyone can do.  We just have to sit back and watch our liberties erode away in the name of protecting freedom.

No comments: