Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I feel like I've stopped thinking.

This job is really big. I have a ton of work to do every day, and I rarely get free time to myself. Being so busy has taken me away from having much time to myself. I am always around college students who seem to only think about what is in their best interests, and I am no longer having deep discussions with my friends. All in all, I feel like I have stopped thinking about things. I used to be a very inward thinking person who was constantly examining the world around him and thinking about all sorts of deep crap. Lately, all I can think about is "When am I going to see Rachel again?" and "When is this semester going to be over?" I know that this is largely because I am excited about getting married, and I work about twelve hours a day. I just wish I could find some more time to be reflective again. I want to read a deep book again. I want to write a paper again... I want to be an intellectual again. I guess I haven't really stopped being an intellectual, but sometimes it feels that way.

Pardon me, I have to go play Hapland 3. If you haven't played Hapland 1 or Hapland 2 yet, I would recommend loosing an hour or twelve of your life clicking on these stick figures. It is possibly the single most frustrating and addicting thing I have ever done in my life. And I used to smoke cigarettes!

No comments: