Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ghyszmeauo

Rachel and I have a new puppy!



Well, more accurately, Rachel and I have a puppy that my Mom and Dad are going to keep for two years while we live in the dorms. Then Ghyszmeauo (Rachel wants to spell it "Gizmo" but I think that's boring) is going to move in with us! So... in two years... Rachel and I have a new puppy!

Here's the story:

My brother Jeremy breeds Boston Terriers on the side. It's something that he enjoys doing, and gets a small profit from. Well, he has a bitch named Ollie. A few months ago, Jeremy studded his bitch and she whelped six pups. (Doesn't doggie pregnancy sound brutal?)


Ghyszmeauo is the one on the far left...
it looks like she has her face pressed against the cage.


Five of the pups were purchased, and one has been left over because she has a hernia. No one wants to buy this sweet little cute little darling little bitch, and when Rachel and I were home for Easter, we both fell in love with her. Of course, we can't have a dog here at WJU because we live in the dorm, (though I'm going to try to talk my boss into it... I am sure to fail) so my parents are going to watch her for the first two years. That should be pretty good because my parents are good about training dogs for the most part. I can't wait to have her here every now and then, and I am really excited to get to spend time with her when I go home for short stints. Rachel is as excited as ever because she loves that little pup so much.

I really can't get enough of my we little girls!

So... here are some photos.







Seriously... she is JUST too much. How CUTE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you use all of the proper terms in your explaination, but it really through me a little.

I love this little one and am glad she is ours!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

My mom has bred collies for years. Growing up hearing "bitch" and "dam" spoken to all of her "dog friends" on the phone was quite interesting. I mean, us kids weren't allowed to use those words. It was pretty embarassing having friends over sometimes.

"No, it's ok, she's talking about dogs."

Joshua said...

I know... I grew up in the same environment and I use the word bitch a lot when I'm talking about female dogs... it throws people off.